|Right, are you ready to post, share, play and compile new independent music at our Jones Music Site? There are a couple of things you'll want to keep in mind to make this easy and fun.
Making Your Own Playlists
Playlists are easy and fun to make. They'll let you listen to all your favorite music from this website wherever you are. Log in from home, work or school and your playlist will always be there. Share your playlist with your friends and they'll be able to check out your own radio station!
Look for the "add this" icon on any music, band, album or songlist page. Once you've logged in, it will collect the songs for you to sort and organize for your listening pleasure. You'll be able to see other people's playlists by using the left-hand navigation to see the complete colleciton of playlists.
Sharing Your Playlists
Yes you can have your own radio station of original independent music at the myJonesMusic.com website. Once you've made your playlist (see above), send the invite link to your friends so they can log in and hear your music selection.
Want to add or delete songs on your playlist? Then go to your
Details Page and click on the playlist you want to modify under
| Posting Your Music
If you are in a band, can play the trombone, have a fantastic voice, or generally have original music that you've independently produced then this site is for you. If you want to share your Britney Spears collection (or stuff you've ripped off from somewhere else), this site is not for you.
First, to post your music it will have to be in MP3 format. That means if you have music in any other format you'll need to convert it first. To keep things simple we've set a 6Meg file size limit. So if your songs are larger, please post only a sample track or portion of it. See the sidebar for more MP3 resources.
Second, you'll need at least two photos. One photo for your band cover and one for the album cover. They don't need to be very large as they will be shrunk down to 100 x 100 pixels in size. A third photo will be helpful for your own profile and playlist. That way when people come to check out your radio station at myJonesMusic.com they'll see your smiling face (or photo of your favorite fish, you get the idea).
Next? You'll need to sign up and create an account. It's free and fun. Go ahead, do that first and then come back to see what you can do afte that.
Remember, this is a website about sharing music that has been independently originally produced that either you've created or have permission to post online.
How To Convert Real Player
files to MP3
- Select View > My Library ( ) from the Player menus.
- Select the songs(s) you wish to convert.
- From the Tools menu select Convert Media Format ... (The Convert Media info box appears when you first use this feature. Click Continue to open the Convert Media Format dialog.)
- Under New Clip, change the Clip Name, Format and/or Quality level as desired. (When multiple clips are selected, clip title cannot be changed.)
- Choose Additional Options (such as Clip Info, Erase the current clip, or Create a new playlist) if desired.
- Click OK to convert your clip(s).
How To Convert ITunes files to MP3
- Choose Edit > Preferences, then click the Importing tab at the top of the window.
- From the Import Using pop-up menu, choose the encoding format that you want to convert the song to, then click OK to save the settings.
- Select one or more songs in your library, then choose Advanced > Convert Selection to MP3, Convert Selection to AAC, Convert Selection to Apple Lossless, Convert Selection to AIFF, or Convert Selection to WAV. (The menu item changes to show what's selected in your Importing preferences.)
To convert all the songs in a folder or on a disk, hold down the Shift key and choose Advanced > "Convert Selection to," then choose the folder or disk containing the songs you want to convert. All the songs in the folder or on the disk will be converted except audio files you purchased from the iTunes Music Store. (Purchased songs are encoded using a protected AAC format that prevents them from being
TIP: How to become famous
Fame, fortune (well we can only promise the first) await you if you follow these simple tips in making sure your songs climb the charts:
- Fill out the fields we've provided for you for your songs, band info and profile, as much as possible. The more words you include the easier time people will have in finding you.
- Make your photos interesting and relevant.
- Alert your friends and get them to add your band to their playlist. Our secret ranking formula takes into account: the vote people give to your songs/band/playlist and how many other people have added you to their playlist. You do the math, the more friends you make, the more popular you become.
We watch these charts closely and check out all the music we can. The ones we like we'll feature on the home page where a zillion people will see and learn all about your music.
Go for it!
|Login now to add or update
your songs and band profile